INA, as energy company, has to respond to two of the biggest challenges of our time: energy supply and environmental protection. Our responsibility is to meet both challenges through a sustainable approach. In reality, this means continuously satisfying the demands for energy and protection of the environment in which we operate.
INA's contribution to sustainable development through a systematic environmental management is an integral part of our business policy. Environmental protection is included in our core business by applying the precautionary principle and rational management of creating a foundation for achieving sustainable development.
In order to implement our Health, Safety and Environmental Protection Policy a special attention is paid to the:
• preservation of natural resources
• increased use of renewable energy sources
• rational use of energy resources
• reducing greenhouse gas emissions
• promoting and developing a proactive culture on environmental protection
• improving performance in environmental protection
• giving preference to suppliers who as far as possible meet requirements of our Health, Safety and Environmental Protection Policy
• maintaining open communication with all participants in the health, safety and environmental protection processes and the interested public.
The alignment of Croatia’s legislation with the EU is ongoing and it assumes harmonization of legislation, in the areas that have largest significant possible impact on INA business – IPPC (Integrated Polution Prevention Control), ETS (Emissions Trading Scheme), REACH (Registration, Evaluation, Authorisation and restriction of CHemicals), VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) and Seveso Directive.