Activities in Croatia
- INA carries out exploration and production operations both onshore and offshore Croatia.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the subsurface geology and well-developed surface infrastructure are the key factors of successful business operations.
- We have necessary equipment, experience, expertise and projects which can contribute to further development of exploration and production in Croatia.
- More than 65 years of experience in conventional exploration and field development in the Pannonian Basin.
- The major goal of INA Group Exploration & Production in Croatia is mitigating natural production decline in existing fields and initiating exploration of new areas.
Health, Safety & Environment
- People, safety and the environment are our absolute priority
- HSE performance is determined by responsibility, design quality and prevention
- Strong compliance with all relevant laws and regulations
- Becoming a net zero CO2 emitter by 2050
- For more than 65 years INA has produced oil, natural gas and condensate from onshore fields
- INA operates its own infrastructure and all necessary equipment for the integrated production process
- The entire process from production, gathering and treatment of hydrocarbons, to crude oil conditioning for transportation to a refinery, and natural gas delivery into the Croatia’s transmissions system or direct sales to customers
- Infrastructure includes: production, injection and observation wells; metering, gathering, compression, processing and transportation stations; tanks; pipeline network and major gas processing and fractionation facilities
- Gas Processing Facilities Molve – central facility for processing produced gas to reach the quality acceptable for end customers, while carbon dioxide previously removed from the gas mixture is used for EOR Project purposes and is injected and permanently stored in depleted oil reservoirs
- Fractionation Facilities Ivanić Grad – facility for processing and fractionation of gases from oil and gas-condensate fields where final products include natural gas for distribution (mixture of methane, ethane and propane), and individual gases: propane, butane, isobutane, n-butane, isopentane and natural gasoline
- INA has produced natural gas from Adriatic fields for more than 20 years
- INA is a sole operator of two exploitation fields, North Adriatic and Marica, and in the Izabela exploitation fields activities are carried out in partnership with Edison through ED-INA joint operating company
- INA operates its own infrastructure and all equipment necessary for the integrated production process including gas production, compression and processing platforms, and a sea-line network
- INA has licenses for exploration and production of hydrocarbons in four exploration areas covering almost 8,400 km2.
- Drava-02: As a result of exploration operations carried out until now, INA has made two commercial discoveries, natural gas in the Severovci-1 well and oil in the Jankovac-1 well. Activities for obtaining all permits required for bringing these fields into production are currently under way.
- Drava-03: Exploration activities are ongoing, and Q1 2021 was marked by completion of 3D seismic survey carried out with the most advanced technology on two polygons covering the total area of 600 km2, which was the single largest seismic acquisition project in Croatian history. After processing and interpretation of acquired data it is expected to identify new prospects and delineate locations for further exploratory drilling.
- Northwestern Croatia-01: In 2021 it is planned to acquire 3D seismic over the area of 150 km2 and carry out geological and geophysical studies as a basis for exploratory drilling in the coming years.
- Dinarides-14: The first exploration phase includes systematic organisation and analysis of existing and new data. Specialist geological studies are under preparation and before the expiry of this period magnetotelluric survey will be carried out to enable acquisition of data about very deep subsurface structures. After data processing, geological and geophysical interpretation will be carried out before making decision on further activities in this currently underexplored area with potentials yet to be determined.