- INA was the first company which introduced enhanced oil recovery (EOR) methods in oil production in Croatia and is among few European companies which successfully implement this method.
- One of major E&P investment projects.
- EOR method involves water alternating CO2 injection in partially depleted mature oil reservoirs where physical and chemical mechanisms result in oil production increase and incremental recovery.
- The project has an important environmental aspect as it involves injection and permanent underground storage of CO2, which reduces air emissions.
- EOR has been implemented in the Ivanić field since 2014, and in the Žutica field since 2015.