Central Testing Laboratory
The Central Testing Laboratory (CTL) aims to be a center of knowledge and competence in the field of further research and development of the oil industry, technologies focused on environmental protection and sustainable development.
CTL researches and participates in the development of new products and the improvement of existing ones. It provides sampling and laboratory testing, analysis and reports on crude oil and oil derivatives, market fuels, bio-fuels, biomass, water, soil and waste. Our professional staff and top-quality equipment ensures that all services are performed at the highest standard of quality, reliably and within the shortest possible time.
Our highly competent personnel produce professional reports, prepare development and research studies and conduct specially designed trainings, mentoring programs for professional internships and graduate or doctoral theses in cooperation with the academic community across Croatia.
CTL’s scope of work:
- Sampling and analysis of oil and oil products.
- Expertise in oil characterization and evaluation, i.e. preparation of Crude Oil Assays (COA).
- Monitoring the flow of technological operations and processes, recommending corrective actions.
- Testing of bio-components, biomass and bio-fuels, development of testing methods.
- Environmental testing for the purpose of sustainable development and environmental protection.
- Identification of samples of unknown composition.
- Professional and expert solutions and education in the field of oil and oil products, sustainable development and environmental protection.
Some of CTL’s top quality instruments:
- Nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy (NMR spectroscopy) enables the use of the most advanced technique for identifying a sample of unknown composition and determining the structure of organic compounds.
- Comprehensive two-dimensional gas chromatography (GC x GC) provides insight into individual and group composition of the entire spectrum of the examined sample.
- GC-MS/MS – device that combines gas chromatography and mass spectrometry– enables the identification of complex mixtures, from oil products to environmental parameters of water, soil and waste.
- Wavelength dispersive X-ray fluorescence spectrometer (WD XRF) offers one of the best analytical techniques for performing elemental analysis in all types of samples.